California's largest intact gold rush period Chinese Temple. The complex includes the original "Temple of Many Deities," a Confucianism Temple, a Buddhist Temple, the community Council Room, and two modern buildings, the display hall housing artifacts of the temple, and a replica of the Fong Lee Store with the store’s original furnishings. Between the display hall and the original buildings is a courtyard with many plants from China, and a traditional fish pond. The temples are still occasionally used for worship.
The Temple Complex was donated to the City in 1937, and opened as a museum in 1949. Most of the displays are items original to this temple and surrounding community.
Original Temple furnishings & original Chinese Theatre banners and puppets, variety of personal objects from the 1860s to 1910 period. Clothing from 1860s to 1940s, both Chinese and European/American
Photographs and documents
Docent program; School Class tours
City of Oroville, Parks & Trees Dept.
closed on major holidays.